Laboratory services provide an efficient level of service and support for the analytical requirements of all the research programmes at FRIM. In addition, analytical services are provided to collaborating institutions and other patrons on a cost recoverable basis. The following major services are provided:
- soil and foliar analyses,
- biomass and density determinations,
- disease and pest identification,
- seed testing,
- phytosanitory services and
- issuing of plant collection permits (for research purposes only).
An insect museum is also available for examination of specimens as may be required.